Friday 2 November 2018

New column + Patreon updates

Hello! With my erratic release schedule, you might not be wondering why I didn't post a movie review this week, but what you might not know is that I actually did write an article for this blog. It's the premiere of a new series which I've begun called Have you seen..., in which I recommend and analyze movies which are obscure, overlooked, or underestimated yet interesting enough to deserve more attention than they get. The series will follow a set formula, including a brief comment on my own opinion, a paragraph of plot synopsis, a brief description of who worked on the film, and then the lengthier explanation of why the film is worth watching, including specific sub-headers for themes and style.

The first entry, on Holy Motors, will be publicly uploaded in two weeks, but you can read it right now by pledging $2 or more to my Patreon, which can be found at this link. On Friday 16, 2018, that article will be posted to this blog. If you pledge $20 or more, you can request a movie for me to cover in that column!

For the short term, this will mostly be replacing my regular film reviews, but significant enough movies (and TV shows!) might still receive less formal reviews under the header My thoughts on..., and may or may not receive a number score according to my recently-published scoring guide.

Thank you to everyone who has been reading my blog for all these years, and thank you also to those of you who have just started reading it recently! I'm very excited to be exploring new forms of content, and I hope to keep writing content which is interesting to all of you.

Edit 10/11/2018: 

Two weeks was probably too long, so Patreon-locked content can now be found one week early for patrons. I'm also interested in incorporating a section on trigger warnings in each Have you seen... entry, which you can see in a fairly primitive form on the Tangerine article currently available to $2 patrons. I intend to refine and expand upon that section in future articles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment