Saturday 15 December 2012

MLP Episode Review: Wonderbolt Academy



Do I even need to hide my opinion anymore?

Wonderbolt Academy is my second-favorite episode of the season, after the premier. I mean, the normal episodes just keep getting better and better.

This episode is very action-packed. As such, it might be the most exciting normal episode. Nearly every scene is fast-paced. Altogether, it makes an incredibly fun experience. That's what much of this episode is, it's fun, even in comparison to other episodes of the season. Interestingly, that also means that this is a lighter episode than the rest. I like this season because of its darkness, so it's weird that this is a favorite of mine.

The semi-antagonist, Lightning Dust, doesn't really antagonize anyone, and isn't actually a villain. She's just shown as being reckless, and endangering other ponies because of it. It makes the lesson work better when your antagonist is flawed but not really evil or mean. And boy, what a lesson.

I thought that last week's lesson felt good, but this one takes the cake. As this review is spoiler free, I won't reveal it, but I can say this: WATCH THE EPISODE RIGHT NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment